My sister and I (and our hubbies) try to see all the movies nominated for Best Picture before the Oscar Ceremony on Feb. 24. Here are the nominations and the ones I’ve seen so far:
1. Argo – Loved it! Alan Arkin and John Goodman were fantastic.
2. Les Mis – Some powerful performances but the movie as a whole didn’t do it for me.
3. Zero Dark Thirty – What a heart pounder, even though I knew how the story was going to end.
4. Amour -never heard of it till now.
5. Django Unchained – not excited to see this. I’m not a Tarantino fan and it looks really violent. Might skip this one.
6. Lincoln – My dad loved it, and he’s really picky, so I can’t wait to see it.
7. Silver Linings Playbook – I’m a huge Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence fan. Can’t wait to see it.
8. Beasts of the Southern Wild – never heard of it till now.
9. Life of Pi – I haven’t read the book yet either.
Do you watch the Oscars? Have you seen any of the nominated movies yet?