At Comicon this week, they’ve released a bunch of new information about the show. It’s a different take on Bram Stoker’s Dracula, spinning the story in surprising new ways while keeping other elements the same.
I’ve been stalking the feeds and a few people there and here’s what we know so far.
1. The premiere airs October 25. (My author pal Cynthia Eden and I are planning a premiere-watching party with lots of vampire goodness, so stay tuned for details.)
2. Dracula was cursed by a group of religious zealots calling themselves The Order of the Dragon, which is how he became a vampire centuries ago.
3. It’s set in Victorian era London and has an almost Steampunk vibe. Dracula, who goes by the name of Alexander Grayson, is a successful American entrepreneur who introduces science to Victorian society. NBC has released character posters, so you can see what I mean. See the rest here.
4. Anyone remember the big, lavish party scene in the 2002 version of The Count of Monte Cristo when the Count, played by Jim Caviezel, reenters society under a new identity after being imprisoned for years? The beginning of this Dracula clip totally reminds me of that!
5. Dracula and Van Helsing are working TOGETHER and seek revenge on members of the group.
6. A female vampire hunter from the Order is tracking him.
7. It’s going to be verrra sexy!!! Case in point:
8. The song in that clip is Depeche Mode’s Soothe My Soul. Will this be the song played during the opening or closing credits each week?
I’m coming for you, when the sun goes down.I’m coming for you, when there’s no one around.I come to your house and break down the door.Girl, I’m shaking, but I need more.
9. It also reminds me of this sexy scene in the original Fright Night, one of my all-time favorite vampire movies.
So…are you excited yet?????